Happy National Farmers’ Market Week!
- Hand-painted Flower Pots by Nallely Barón
- Fruit Cobblers from Cinfully Cinnamons
- Blueberries from Mitchell Farms at the Growing Matters Garden booth
- Blueberry Vanilla Jam from Bilberry Jams and Jellies
- Key Lime Pie Granola from Kahoona’s Kitchen
- Peach Ice Tea and Spicy Caramel Corn from Mz Marilyn
- Chocolate No-Bake Cookies from Shae’s Tasty Treats
- 25% off Ribs from Village Fresh Pick
- Kale and Tomatoes from Habonim Camp Tavor
Since 2001 the number of farmers’ market has grown approximately 170% from 2,863 to more than 7,800 in 2012. Thanks for supporting our market by purchasing locally produced goods. We couldn’t do it without you!
Read and Seed Activities:
From 3:30 to 4:30 this week kids are invited to learn about Seedfolks by Paul Fleishman by acting it out with “readers’ theater”. Those who participate will recieve a free juice box. Additional discussion of the book will take place between 5:00 and 6:30 at the Douglass Community Garden. This is part of the People’s Food Co-op’s Read and Seed Program.